NEW MEXICO BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION
GRANT PROGRAM FUNDING GUIDELINES
New Mexico Beekeepers Association’s (NMBKA) Grant Program seeks to assist individuals and organizations whose work can better the beekeeping industry in New Mexico and can help raise public consciousness toward the importance and rewards of beekeeping. Although general organizational funding will be considered, preference will be given to well-defined projects with clear goals and objectives. Capital projects will not be considered. Areas of priority are subject to change. Currently NMBKA’s area of priority is beekeeping education. Grants will generally be made in the $50 to $500 range, although requests outside either end of this range will be considered. Grant requests can be for a single or multi-year period, depending on the nature of the project. Grants will be made largely to beekeeping experts and beekeeping organizations classified as public charities under section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS code. NMBKA anticipates giving out 1 to 5 grants per year. Accordingly, we believe our Grant Program must be focused in order maximize the impact of the grants we give. In general, we are interested in funding programs that have the ability to change public awareness and attitudes as well as promote action towards conditions that tend to compromise the well being of bees. Accordingly, our grant program is about “informing, inspiring, and educating” which is our adopted motto. Given this focus, it is unfortunate that important sectors of the beekeeping arena must be outside of our Grant Program’s scope.
How to Apply Applicants are encouraged to submit an email INQUIRY to determine if the intended funding request falls within the guidelines of NMBKA’s Grant Program. Please include a brief description of your organization and the amount and purpose for the request, along with your name, title and contact information. The purpose of this inquiry is to avoid the time and effort in presenting a full application for requests that are simply out of the scope of our Grant Program.
Please note: While we read all email inquiries within 30 days of receipt, we will only respond if we are interested in seeing a full grant proposal.
NEW MEXICO BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION GRANT PROGRAM
GRANT REQUESTS will be considered on a continuous basis throughout the year. Grant applications will be reviewed no later than 90 days from receipt. The grant application should include the following:
- Cover page Please include your organization’s name, executive director, address, phone and email, project name, amount of grant request, and a very brief summary of the project.
- Background of your organization Briefly describe the history, current operating structure and mission of your organization. Describe the key personnel and identify who would be your principle contact to NMBKA.
- Purpose of funding If the funding is identified with a specific project, please describe the goals and objectives of the project and include a time line as to when the project was initiated or will be initiated and its expected completion.
If the request is not project specific, please describe how this funding will help advance the mission of your organization.
- Description of finances Please attach a copy of the budget for the project, if this is a project-specific request. What are your organization’s major sources of funding, both current and past? Grant recipients must have the financial potential to sustain the program for which funding is sought following the period of the requested grant.
- If applicable, attach a copy of your organizations tax exemption status from the Internal Revenue Service.
Submit grant requests and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
New Mexico Beekeepers Association
Post Office Box 21615
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87154-1615